Once again, Barry and I met Mom, Dal, and Adam at The Winds in Ocean Isle Beach to celebrate Christmas. As is customary, silliness and general frivolity ensued, tempered only a little by Barry's bad cold. He still managed to join in on the festivities, and I am sure being around my zany family helped him feel a little better than he would have otherwise. Mom thinks it was the negative ions from the ocean; but whatever it was, it worked!
Here are some photos of our little holiday vacation & celebration. Adam took a lot more, so I may be able to add a few more when he sends them to me, if only to prove that I was actually there! I couldn't let Barry touch our camera - germs. :)
 |
| Adam |
 |
| Seagulls |
 |
| Sunset |
 |
| The bounty before the "opes" |
 |
| Adam & Mom engaging in some silly behavior (nothing new there!) |
 |
| Barry with the new digital camera I got him -- hey, the box matches his outfit! |
 |
| Very tame birds outside the rooms, waiting for another cheese doodle handout |
 |
| Christmas dinner - the table was not very elegant but the food was tasty: turkey, dressing, green beans, sweet potatoes |
 |
| Deserted beach |
 |
| A lone seabird |
 |
| Almost impossible to see, but it's snowing! First time I've ever seen snow at the beach. |
 |
| Can see it a bit better here. Yep, that's snow! |
 |
| Snowing on our cars |
 |
| Adam's car the next morning, along with a little missive Barry left him as we departed |
 |
| After turning inland a bit on our trip home, there was a lot more snow at this rest stop. |
 |
| Barry at the rest stop |
 |
| Paisley likes "Puppy", her gift from my mom. She's already figured out that it's all hers, so hands' off! |
3 comments:
Looks like a great Christmas. Love the snow pictures! We don't see much of that in Louisiana. Happy New Year, and we look forward to your adventures in Belize.
Glad you had a nice Christmas Emily. I do not think that I have ever seen snow at the beach either. Have a Happy New Years. Hopefully one day we will be celebrating in Belize.
Debra
http://www.takingbelize.blogspot.com
We hope so too, Debra! I would gladly give up any snow for a WARM Christmas! Happy New Year to you and Bill!
Post a Comment