Happy New Year!
| Holding up one finger on right hand, two on left (1/2 = Jan. 2!) |
I got out for my first ride of the new year today, January 2. Not a perfect day for it as it was misty and overcast, but we needed some things at the food co-op, and the Chapel Hill bus system was shut down for the holiday weekend. I have to say it was a lot of fun. We saw a lot of runners and walkers out, plus a few cyclists. Everyone seemed to be taking advantage of the last warm day in awhile. It was 63-64 degrees when we left the apartment.
By the time we got home with our groceries, the cold front had started coming through, it was raining a bit harder, and the temperature had dropped to 54. Barry ran upstairs for the camera so we could document the fact that we did indeed ride today!
![]() |
| Barry carried the groceries |

4 comments:
We had a few warm days too Emily during the holidays..but tonites low is 22F. I have been going to spin classes at the gym the last few weeks. Love the bikes, those are cute. I haven't seen ones like those.
Debra
Thanks Debra! Our bikes are folders, that's why they have the little wheels and look funny! We won't be bringing them to Belize, though; we have cruiser bikes we'll bring down. We have cold weather coming too, unfortunately...
Oh, I really need to get on my road bike! It's been too long. Love the folding bikes. Ken and I will need some when we become liveaboards. Any suggestions on where to find used ones?
Hi Cheryl, you can try craigslist or ebay for folding bikes. I doubt you will find too many used ones in bike shops. They are used by many cruisers and are a must for storing on boats, I think. We were looking at buying aluminum Downtube Minis (www.downtube.com) for our C30 as they store smaller than our Bike Fridays (have 16" wheels vs 20") and the aluminum frames wouldn't rust out. Can't often find them used, though. You can also find folding bikes at West Marine. Good luck!
Post a Comment