Sailing again at last!
We journeyed down to the boat again for Fourth of July week. This time, after completing our transmission shifter cable replacement and having our new genoa (headsail) installed, we were actually able to take Logos out sailing for the first time since Thanksgiving! Hard to believe it's been that long. We had a great time, and Paisley, at five months, did well too. Fortunately winds were light, making for restful sails, nothing too frisky, and very little heeling. Perfect for Paisley's first exposures to sailing. She slept through most of it!
We took three day sails, remembered more of our skills each time, and focused specifically on leaving and re-entering the slip, which is always an adventure. Barry took the helm around the dock and was much more relaxed about the whole thing than when I drive, so I think we'll stick with this. Normally I love being at the helm, but not when docking.
We did various other small projects, ate many meals in the cockpit, had good conversations with marina friends, took daily walks, and just enjoyed being on the water. It has a way of changing our perspectives on a lot of things...it's great "recharge" time, and I think we both feel more alive there than anywhere else. Paisley seems content just to be with us, wherever we are; a very adaptable girl indeed.

Here's a slideshow of some of the photos from our trip -- enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment