Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving on Logos

Barry and I spent the long Thanksgiving weekend on our boat, and what a range of temperatures we experienced. Here we are on Thanksgiving Day, about to eat the feast I'd prepared at home. The temperature was in the mid-70s. Ahhhhhh....nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina on an unseasonably warm Thanksgiving!
Are our plates full enough?
A cold front came through Thursday night bringing high winds and much cooler air. Friday was overcast, chilly (high of 51) and very windy, making it feel even colder, so we holed up inside Logos all day with a space heater, doing interior projects. In this photo, I am stitching up a hanging mesh bag for fruit.
Saturday wasn't a lot warmer, but the winds were down some, and the sun was out, so we ventured out for a chilly sail on the Neuse. From our clothing in the pictures below, you can see that it was not quite the tropical sailing weather we favor! We had to keep taking turns at the helm to let the other warm up behind the dodger. At the helm, the wind hit us full-force.

No comments: