We had a fun weekend on the boat, but didn't get to sail because of an electrical problem. A 12-volt plug went pfffffftttt upon reaching the end of its natural life on Saturday, sending up some smoke from behind the engine starter panel for added excitement. Barry spent quite a bit of time working on the panel to understand why the blower switch no longer worked, and we appear to have a bad engine water temperature gauge on the panel now as well, so the repairs will have to wait until he can do more research.
I also got in on the repair action when our bimini zipper stitching tore when replacing it after taking it down in preparation for almost non-existent Tropical Storm Gabrielle. I used real sailmaker's tools and effected an imperfect but serviceable repair.
Ah well, I guess the trials and tribulations are all part of being a boatowner. But scenes like this morning fog over the creek make our blues all worthwhile....
No comments:
Post a Comment